The most popular choice
Acrylic nails have been a staple in the beauty industry for years, and this staying power has contributed to their ongoing popularity.
Beauty Benefits - Acrylic Nails are used when people are not able to grow the length and strength of natural nails that they desire. They also help conceal or fix broken, damaged, short, or bad nails. It also helps prevent people from biting their nails, breakage of nails, and protect splits.
Musical Usage - Musicians who play stringed instruments may wear artificial nails as an aid in playing. Many intermediate and advanced classical and finger-style guitarists use varieties of fake nails to obtain a consistent and bright tone with each pluck.
Application (30-90 minute)
You may notice a strong odor during the application process, but it isn't harmful, because every Nail Salon had installed a good ventilation unit which is required by state board of cosmetology.
How Nail Technicians apply acrylic on your nails
1. Prep your the nail plate by using a sandy drill bit to remove natural oils and clean some cuticles on the nail.
2. Choose tips that you want (color or clear), and apply them with super adhesive. Hold the tip in place for about 6-15 seconds depend on the room temperature.
3. Clip the tip to the desired length and file it down into the correct form.
4. Apply bond aid and primer on your Scratched nails.
5. Apply the Acrylic mixture by use a fine Kolinsky Acrylic Brush
6. Clean excess acrylic around your nails by a file and a drill.
7. File your nails into the shape that you desired
8. Buffer and smooth Acrylic.
9. Wash your hand with soap and dry well.
10. Finishing with Nail lacquer and design.
** Different nail technician have different way to apply Acrylic. if they do it different do not assume that he/she didn't know how to apply acrylic. **
** Do not perform this service unless you are in training or licensed to do so.This is just show you how acrylic apply on your nail **
Over time, acrylics grow out with your nails.
1. Every two to three weeks, you should return to the salon to have your nails filled in. Your technician will gently file down the acrylic edge to the length that you desired, then fill in the empty area between your cuticles and the existing acrylic nail.
2. Repaint your acrylic nails with a new clear top coat every 5 days. Brush clear top from your cuticles to the tip. This will help your polish last longer and to keep them shiny and new looking. This also seal up your artificial nails if there is any lift to prevent yeast, fungus or bacteria that can build-up between artificial and your real nails.
3. Wear gloves when doing house work. avoid to touch and housewhole chemicals such as Chlorine ...
4. When tanning, you must use something to cover your artificial nails. if not, your nails will turn color and become Frangible.
When you decide to have your acrylics removed, your nail technician will remove them quite easily, with no forcing or prying, after soaking your nails in nail polish remover for 15 minutes to 30 minutes.
New update for acrylic nails removal, now most of nail salons are using foils and cottons to wrap up your nail to remove artificial nail at once. To speed up the process, nail technician will use a hand warmer. The heat help the acetone soft the acrylic faster. People usually get a pedicure while soaking off.